Friday, April 10, 2009

It Rains Every Good Friday

At about 2.40pm, thunder and lightning sounded and lit the skies of Putra Heights! It started to pour as Patrick my husband hurriedly brought in the clothes which were hung out to dry.

In that instant, it struck both of us that God is reminding us of His Great Love ,as at 3pm Jesus His only Son died, crucified on the Cross over 2000 years ago. That shocking expression of His Love, was what saved us.

It meant that we can now go to Heaven and meet God again, after its doors were closed to us when dear Adam and Eve ate the forbiden fruit eons ago.

Just about then, (I kid you not), a new (to me anyway) and melodic tune on a Catholic radio station (from the Internet, in case you are wondering - Live 365) started to play. After listening closely, it was the Divine Mercy prayer.

I read somewhere (cradle Catholic syndrome at work) that at 3pm on Good Friday, many souls will be shown Mercy. Someone who knows this for a fact pls comment further on it. A quick google shows me that certain churches around the world are starting a Novena of the Divine Mercy Hour from today.

If I said in my early posting that I've still not fully memorised the prayers of the Rosary, my knowledge of reciting the Chaplet of the Divine Mercy is far worse in comparison.

As I write this blog, I can hear Pat playing the new Divine Mercy tune from the Radio. It is more comtemporary and may be just what I need to get me into the habit of praying the Chaplet of Divine Mercy.

My stomach is growling a bit from the fast. My diet today is just the hot cross buns sold every year during the Holy Tridiuum. In many historically Christian countries, these buns are traditionally eaten on Good Friday, with the cross standing as a symbol of the crucifixion.

The buns (pix below) are sold at St Thomas More parish (Capel Kurnia Kristus (CKK)'s new name) to raise funds to build our new permanent and visible place of worship. We need RM10million or more, so do drop by our parish and buy some buns tonight. Got to go now, have to work before our Good Friday service at 8pm. See you there.

God bless, Hazel




2 comments:

  1. The service is at 3pm here at St Peter's, Kuching. It rained in the morning, by 3 the weather was cool...
    Many people, i saw many faces i never saw during the year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. For the Past four to three years I have noticed that it always rains on Good Friday.I was wondering how the true love is for us.He is only True.

    ReplyDelete